I recently went to the Jersey Battle of Flowers 2016 with my Grandad. It was a amazing and colourful show, with impressive floats and entertaining dancers. As you’d expect, I took a lot of photos, but there’s going to be loads of photos online of the parade, so instead I’m going to share some of my favourite photos that I took of the weird and funny moments from the show that I happened to capture.
1. “Put your hood up master or people will recognise you.”
2. He looks so unhappy that his job is to just follow the float with the leads. At least he dressed up for the part though.
3. A nice Al Jolson themed flower costume.
4. “Woody, come here and let me fix your hair.”
6. This really looks like he’s forcing her to wave to the audience. By the way, if you ever wondered what Joe McElderry has been up to since he won the X Factor and disappeared in 2009, this is him. He was the special guest there.
7. Jafar really getting into character by shouting at audience members.
8. Perfect timing and windy conditions got me this photo of the show’s mascot, Battle Bee, punching a girl scout.
9. You’ve got to admire her commitment. Even after breaking her arm she showed up and waved with the other one.
10. This boy giving the crowd the dirtiest look. I think he may actually kill you.
11. Possibly the creepiest thing I’ve ever seen.
12. She seems to be enjoying those drums a little bit too much.
13. I like to think he’s collecting the urine from the bird.
14. You’re in the middle of a parade with over 13,000 people watching you. Now is not the best time to take photos of (presumably) your daughter on your iPhone!
15. She’s just in her absolute element. A lot of the dancers weren’t really that enthusiastic, os it was nice to see this woman really going for it.
16. I bet she’s regretting sitting behind the snow machine now.
17. And the ‘Half-Hearted Wave’ award goes to…
18. Could they seriously not find any Indian women at all?
19. This chicken will forever haunt my dreams.
20. Same float. More creepy staring animals.
You must log in to post a comment.